Your source for ideas and best practices in Human Resources (HR), assessments and survey solutions.
7 Steps To Making 360 Degree Appraisals A Success!
360-degree feedback is a process of receiving feedback from people across the organisational hierarchy (managers, peers, subordinates) and analysing it vis-a-vis one's self assessment. A 360-degree feedback is a popular tool for running successful performance appraisals. It's a great way to assess employee competencies, performance & work behaviourGreenThumbs highlights the 7 best practices for running successful 360 degree performance appraisals at your organisations -
1. Why 360 degree feedback survey?Communicating the purpose behind running a 360 degree survey is vital. Employees must know what's a 360 degree feedback about and also, how to interpret the results to bring about performance improvements.
2. Who should be the subjects?Subjects are employees for whom feedback is collected. These can include some of the top performing or non- performing employees. It is important that these employees have spent a reasonable amount of time in the organisation for people to analyse and score their performance on valid parameters.
3. Who should be the raters?Raters are employees who give feedback for the subjects. The selected raters should have some professional relationship with subjects, whom they are giving a feedback for. As only then will they be able to provide relevant responses.
4. What parameters are to be assessed?360 Degree Appraisals should include questions about employee competency and performance. Job expertise, team work, leadership, work productivity, communication skills, etc are some of the important aspects to cover in a 360 degree feedback questionnaire.
5. Keep it confidential360 degree feedback surveys should be kept confidential enabling employees to give genuine and fair feedback which in turn would help in laying down future action plans.
6. Keep the survey crisp360 degree surveys should be kept brief and to the point, in order to avoid survey fatigue. Ideally the duration of the survey should be around 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Have a follow-up planA follow-up plan post the survey is crucial for ensuring effective improvements, continuous learning and self-development. Implementing a 360 degree performance appraisal and backing it up with the well thought plan of action leads to better performance and also better growth prospects.
Organizations that implement 360-degree feedback in the right format and spirit witness open and honest communication, more accountability and better business prospects.
More on Employee Feedback Survey
- Why run a 360 Degree Appraisal?
- 5 Reasons To Hire An Introvert
- 6 ways GST may impact salaries - Work cut out for HR Professionals!
- Even our Prime Minister uses 360 degree feedback appraisal for his officers!
- Work-Life Balance: How Millennials Understand It
- 5 Questions That Make You Sound Like A Smart Candidate
- 8 Success Tips For Cracking A Virtual Interview
- India Today - 7 reasons companies ask for psychometric tests
- Business World - AI - The New Secret Sauce in Psychometric Assessments
- DNA - HR Trends for 2018
- The Hindu - Psychometric Assessment a "game changer" in hiring
- Entrepreneur - 9 ways to promote actionable feedback at organisations
- Human Capital - Looking Beyond Performance Appraisals