Your source to the latest insights on what's trending in the HR arena - Recruitment, Talent Assessments, Employee Surveys and Training.
How are feedback and productivity co-related?
29th May 2021
In any organization, employee’s operational feedback is very crucial to help any organization grow. Feedback lets the organization identify what its employees think, what are their possible concerns, etc. Employee feedback assists with underlining the upsides and downsides of an employee which, is a roundabout way of assists with improving the employees' efficiency that can bring about the organization development all the while.
There are several forms of employee feedback surveys and programs that are held in order to understand:
- How employees feel about their companies.
- What can be done to improve their work environment
- How can their efforts be better channelized for goal attainment
- How can they improve their performance.
Why feedbacks are necessary and how it helps in the Organization
There are several ways to understand the necessity of feedback and how it helps in the growth of the organization. Here are few points that explain the necessity of feedbacks in the organization :
- Feedbacks help to know the employees’ productivity and attributes.
- It graphs the employees’ behavior and interests.
- It helps to know the involvement of the employee in the organization and his or her concern about the organization.
- It helps the organization to think about each worker's record and activities which are further examined and choices are additionally made dependent on that which may incorporate an advancement, downgrade, recruiting, and freedom of the employees relying on their advancement graph.
- Feedbacks help to engage with each employee as employees' commitment is vital in the organization.
- It participates in all sources of employee pursuit such that it can acknowledge the need and importance of the employee.
- It helps the employee to know the organization and his team from inside as it converges with all the components of human resource management as human resource management plays a very important role in the organization because it takes care of all the social and professional activity on the premises of the organization.
- Employee engagement surveys help to fulfil this kind of needs and demands in the organization where all the employees are kept in very closed visuals.
- Feedback is done here, going about as input for the organization that described the details of each employee working in the organization that would again be used to build the employees’ persistence, proficiency, and productivity rate.
In short, feedback is a source of –
- Growth & Development
- Better Dialogue
- Greater Employee Engagement
- Better ialogue
- Greater Self-awareness & productivity
- Continuous learning
Image source : Question Pro
How productivity can be increased through feedback and what are the measures that can be taken to increase the productivity through feedback
Productivity can only be increased in the organization when managers will guide their employees on solving their problems instead of worrying and discussing them. There are several ways in which productivity can be increased through feedback. Some of them are listed below:● Get better managerial efforts
Managers are the leaders in the organization and it is their sole duty to focus on their employees by counselling them on their professional and personal attributes. When managers stay connected to their employees, it encourages their beliefs and motivates them to be focused on their work.● Stronger communication
Good communication always resolves the problem thus, managers should always talk to their employees and discuss their problems. Sometimes the issues can be personal and sometimes it could be that of a professional. A manager must know how to tackle both aspects equally and sincerely.● Elevated Manager Effectiveness
The key is understand how your employees feel about their leadership. Remember, employees don’t leave companies, they leave their managers. Gathering insights around manager’s behavior, leadership qualities, and effectiveness will offer an intel on what can be done differently for ongoing development and easing out business transformation. Manager capabilities and behaviors have a big impact on an employee’s performance levels & ability to succeed.
Measures to increase the productivity in an organization through feedback.● Use feedback tools
Feedback tools are one of the major ways to gather feedback and take the right actions to increase productivity at the organization. There are several kinds of feedback tools available which can be used for collecting employee feedback. To name a few, there’s Employee Satisfaction Survey, 360-degree feedback, Employee Onboarding Survey, Exit Survey, etc.● Set your goals
Feedback helps organizations to know their employees’ mindset towards their work. Organizations can set goals and targets for their employees. When employees understand how their work is related to certain target achievement, they are better aligned to work, more engaged and hence more productive.● Build a Feedback Friendly Culture
Giving & receiving feedback is one of the prime ways for teams to get better t what they do. Create a feedback-friendly culture at your organization. One where people see feedback as a way to stay committed, productive, get better results.
Image source : Unsplash
Feedback and reviews are an intrinsic part of any organization and are an essential form of information that every organization must retain to maintain the growth ratio and the productivity of the employee in an organization. Feedback and productivity are co-related to each other in terms of the growth of the employee and the organization as a whole.
- India Today - 7 reasons companies ask for psychometric tests
- Business World - AI - The New Secret Sauce in Psychometric Assessments
- DNA - HR Trends for 2018
- The Hindu - Psychometric Assessment a "game changer" in hiring
- Entrepreneur - 9 ways to promote actionable feedback at organisations
- Human Capital - Looking Beyond Performance Appraisals
Top Trending Pages
- Best Employee Engagement Survey Company
- Executive Search | Online Assessments & Surveys
- Top Personality Assessment Providers in India
- Talent Search | HR Consulting | Recruitment
- Manager Effectiveness Survey
- What is Training Needs Analysis (TNA)? - Meaning & Benefits
- GreenThumbs: One of the Best Executive Search Firms in India
- Know Your Employee Net Promoter Score
- Employee Onboarding Survey
- 360 Degree Feedback | FAQs